Ordinary Job Opportunities at IOSCO
Advisor - Implementation Monitoring
Location: Madrid, Spain
Start Date: February 2019
Type and Duration of Position: Permanent position at the IOSCO General Secretariat
Duties and Responsibilities
IOSCO is looking to recruit a suitably qualified individual to assist IOSCO’s work on implementation monitoring.
Under the direction of the Secretary General, the successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team engaged in carrying out activities related to the implementation of international standards and the provision of technical assistance to support IOSCO members’ regulatory and administrative capacity in this effort.
To support the work of the team, we are looking for a talented individual to take on the role of Implementation Monitoring Advisor. Reporting to the Head of the Implementation Monitoring team, the Advisor is expected to:
- Support and help develop IOSCO’s implementation monitoring work;
- Assist the work of the Assessment Committee and its workstreams including thematic reviews and other implementation monitoring projects;
- Assist the work of maintaining and periodically updating the IOSCO Principles and related IOSCO Assessment Methodology;
- Prepare briefing notes, memos and presentations for the Secretary General and the IOSCO Board on issues related to implementation monitoring;
- Follow developments at the G20, Financial Stability Board (FSB) and International Financial Institutions (IFIs) on issues relating to securities markets and standards implementation;
- Contribute to the joint workstreams between IOSCO, other standards setting bodies (SSBs) and the FSB in the area of implementation monitoring;
- Contribute to the preparation of meetings, both on substance and on logistics, and possibly attending some of these meetings;
- Perform any other duties and tasks assigned by the Secretary General.
This position requires an experienced and knowledgeable individual with good command of securities regulation and the ability to understand the strategy, needs and priorities of IOSCO in this area and identify issues to be addressed.
- Excellent analytical, and written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Proven technical competency in policy development and implementation monitoring, preferably with market experience.
- A thorough understanding of international policy making processes, regulatory frameworks, and a familiarity with IOSCO’s structure, membership and its corporate agenda and strategic direction.
- Excellent time-management skills, with an ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- An ability to develop strong working relationships and to liaise confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to operate as a member of a multi-national and multi-disciplinary team.
- University degree in Law, Economics, Politics or Finance from a recognised university.
- At least five to seven years of relevant experience in the securities industry and/or regulation of the financial services industry, with first-hand experience in delivering policy analysis.
- An advanced degree in one of the disciplines identified above;
- Experience in international negotiations or diplomatic work;
- Experienced in public speaking and giving presentations to diverse audiences;
- Proficiency in one or more of the other official IOSCO languages (Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
- Normal office conditions;
- International travel likely to be required;
- Relocation to Madrid is required;
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Deadline for Applications: On or Before 30 November 2018
Interested candidates are requested to click here to apply online and provide their CV with a cover letter outlining their interest and experience.