Past IOSCO Training Programs (2015)
10th Joint FSI/IOSCO Seminar on Trading Book Issues and Market Infrastructure, Basel, Switzerland, 18-20 November 2015
IOSCO and the Financial Stability Institute (FSI) held the Seminar on Trading Book Issues and Market Infrastructure, with particular emphasis on regulatory, legal, and compliance issues from 18 to 20 November 2015. The seminar, which was intended for bank supervisors and securities regulators, took place at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Basel, Switzerland. It was the tenth time that IOSCO and FSI organized this important joint program.
8th Edition IOSCO AMCC Training Seminar, Zürich, Switzerland, 27-28 October 2015
The 8th edition of the IOSCO AMCC's Training Seminar took place on 27-28 October 2015 in Zürich, Switzerland.
Practical experience on Implementing IOSCO's Principles
The annual Training Seminar organized by the IOSCO Affiliate Members Consultative Committee (AMCC) featured panels, case studies and breakout sessions on "Implementing IOSCO Principles". The event was kindly hosted by SIX-Exchange Regulation.
Programme and speakers
The program, available here, featured high-profile speakers, including Mr. David Wright, IOSCO Secretary General, as well as senior officials from the Swiss Financial Markets Supervisory Authority, the UK Financial Conduct Authority, the US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, and other regulators and self-regulators from Europe and elsewhere.
Topics for the 2015 edition of the Seminar included:
- recent trends in identifying market abuse and innovative approaches to market surveillance,
- key elements of a sound risk-based supervision system,
- addressing conflicts of interest,
- latest developments in cybersecurity and the role of regulators in dealing with this issue,
- making a difference through enforcement actions: credible deterrence.
2015 IOSCO Seminar Training Program, Madrid, Spain, 20-23 October 2015
The Annual IOSCO Seminar Training Program took place from 20-23 October 2015 at IOSCO's premises in Madrid, Spain. The program was fully booked with over 100 participants, representing over 50 different jurisdictions.
In response to the increasing interest from IOSCO members in investor education related topics, the theme of the program was "Investor Education and Protection - The Major Challenges Ahead". The program provided for some very fruitful discussions between regulators as well as researchers and academics on issues such as:
- the changing scope / role of regulation
- financial literacy and education: global scope of the problem and ramifications for securities regulators
- strategies for enhancing investor protection
- challenges facing investor protection (including cybercrime and digital disruptions)
- role of the regulators in designing and implementing investor education and financial literacy programs
- working with the private sector on investor education and financial literacy issues
- transparency and disclosure in financial markets
- investment advice and issues of mis-selling
- investor education and prevention of fraud
- complaint-handling and recourse for investors
- alternative dispute resolution
- how to design your investor education program as a regulator
2015 IFIE-IOSCO Global Investor Education Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 18-20 May 2015
The 7th Joint Global Investor Education Conference of the International Forum for Investor Education (IFIE) and IOSCO was held from 18-20 May 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and was kindly hosted by the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
The theme of the conference was "Financial Capability & Investor Engagement: Goals, Strategies and Outcomes".