IOSCO Asia Pacific Hub Webcast Series: COVID-19 and Financial Markets - 2020
The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, deteriorating global economic outlook, falling commodity prices and volatile financial markets have created shocks globally, and within the Asia-Pacific region. There have been concerted efforts by policy makers and regulators globally to respond to the disruptions resulting from the macroeconomic impact of COVID-19 on the global economy.
The IOSCO Asia Pacific Hub is organising a series of webcasts relating to regulatory and other issues arising from COVID-19. The first webcast in this series is an interview with Richard Record, Lead Economist in the World Bank Group’s Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment Global Practice, where he discusses:
The webcast is available for viewing at https://www.iosco.org.my/news-media/webcasts-podcasts.
- Impact of COVID-19 on regional economies and markets;
- Key sources of risks in the Asia Pacific region and policy responses undertaken;
- Outlook scenarios for regional financial markets;
- Expected changes to the financial market landscape; and
- Priority areas for regulatory authorities to monitor and assess.